Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for choosing NorthCrest Medical Center. In honoring our commitment to providing quality service, we have prepared some helpful billing information for you. If you are having trouble understanding your hospital bill, please give us a call at 615-433-7023 Monday through Friday between 8am and 4:30pm.
After hospital discharge, NorthCrest will send you a statement for what is determined to be your financial responsibility. You will receive up to three notices on the remaining balance due. You may pay the balance in full or contact a Financial Counselor at 615-433-7023 to set up reasonable payment arrangements. Any remaining outstanding balances, which are not set up for payment arrangements will be placed with a collection agency. For your convenience, you may pay your bill online, using a credit card, debit card or electronic check. We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
In the event your account is placed with an outside agency, you should contact the collection agency directly.
Accounts Receivable Management Services: 1-800-844-3919
Credit Bureau Services: 1-800-627-5614
Mid-South Credit Bureau: 1-800-748-3074
If you do not have health insurance, it is imperative that you review our NorthCrest Financial Assistance Program and contact our Financial Counselor at 615-433-7023. Our Counselor will gladly work with you to review various financial payment options such as establishing payment arrangements or speaking with our on-site MedAssist representative for possible TennCare coverage.
At NorthCrest Medical Center, these independent providers include:
- Associated Pathologists – Contracted to perform Lab tests – 615-221-4400
- Southern Radiology Associates – Reads imaging films – 931-647-5034
- Lifelinc Anesthesia – Provides anesthesiology services – 866-362-6963
- Tennessee Heart & Vascular – Performs cardiac services – 615-822-5625
- TEMA – Contracted to provide Emergency Department medical services including ED physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants – 931-221-4567
Non-payment of a claim typically means there is an issue such as missing patient or responsible party information. To avoid financial penalties:
- Call your insurance company to find out why they have not paid your claim;
- Make sure you have completed and forward special claim forms to your insurance company; and/or,
- Refer to your employer’s human resource department to assist you with payment of your claim.
Once insurance pays, you should receive an explanation of benefits from your insurance company. In the event your insurance company pays the hospital after this 30-day period, and you have also paid on your account, the hospital will promptly refund the overpayment unless you have other outstanding accounts. In these cases, the hospital applies overpayments to any outstanding balances you may have.
Have more billing questions? Call us at 615-433-7023 or email us at email@example.com
We want you to be completely satisfied with our service, so please, if you have additional questions, let us know. You may call us at 615-433-7023 between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm weekdays. Call volumes do vary, so you may be prompted to leave a message. If you prefer, you may email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org. A Financial Counselor should contact you within 1 business day. If you do not receive resolution, please contact the Patient Financial Director – Mike Tinal at 615-384-1571.
Again, thank you for choosing NorthCrest Medical Center!