NorthCrest Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center
Our Center is staffed with a unique team of doctors, nurses, and therapists all dedicated to healing chronic wounds. The causes are complex, and our group represents expertise in all of the major areas necessary to handle their varied circumstances and challenges. Whatever it takes for healing to occur, we are equipped and staffed to make it happen.
How to start healing:
- Generally the physician presently treating your wound will refer you to our Center. Or, you can make your appointment directly.
- When you call for your first appointment we’ll ask you a few questions about your wound and health in general.
- Before beginning treatment, our team of doctors, nurses, and therapists will thoroughly evaluate your wound and review your health and medical history.
- Tests might be conducted to tell us more about your blood flow and tissue oxygenation as well as to determine if there is any infection present.
- Together with your physician, we will develop a treatment plan based on our assessment of your special needs. Your program will involve weekly visits to the Center. Your progress is meticulously documented and adjusted as necessary.
- We are in regular communication with your doctor throughout your care. Once your wound is healed, you will return to your doctor for follow-up care. And of course, you will continue with your personal doctor for any related conditions such as diabetes or hypertension.
What to bring to your first appointment:
- a list of any medications you’re currently taking as well as any allergies you’re aware of
- medical records if you have them
- insurance forms or cards
Your role in healing:
Much of the success of treatment depends on you. We will count on you to follow directions carefully and watch your progress closely. You will learn about caring for your wound at home including how to change dressings and how to protect yourself from further injuries. We are always here to answer questions and give you the support you need to heal.
Proven success in a caring supportive environment.
Our results are impressive, with most chronic wounds improved within weeks.
There is no longer any reason to live with an open wound.
Every wound has its unique set of circumstances. Our Center is equipped and staffed to address them all, with most treatments covered by Medicare/Medicaid, HMOs, and other private insurance plans. We are experts at caring for people whose open sores have resisted traditional treatment with a success rate of 90% healed in 14 weeks.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call 615-384-1643.