Same Day Surgery
The Same Day Surgery Department is located on the first floor of the medical center immediately after the elevator lobby. This department operates from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Things you should know about your same day surgery at NorthCrest Medical Center:
You will need to arrive at least two hours before your scheduled surgery. This is to allow adequate preparation time for you before you go to surgery:
- The nurses will call you the day before your surgery to confirm the time that you should arrive.
- Be sure to bring all papers given to you by the doctor’s office and follow all instructions.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery/procedure.
- NorthCrest is a “no smoking” facility. For the safety and security of you as a patient, you will not be allowed to smoke while under the care of the Same Day Surgery staff.
- Be sure to take your blood pressure, heart and seizure medicine with a sip of water when you get up. Bring all your medicines in their bottles when you come.
- Please leave all your jewelry, valuables and money at home.
- You will need someone to drive you home after your procedure. You many not drive for 24-48 hours after your surgery. Since you may be drowsy the remainder of the day, you should arrange to have someone stay with you.
- If you plan to wear your contact lenses, please bring your case and saline so that you can safely store them when having your procedure.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing.
It is our goal to attend to your needs and to have you ready for your surgery/procedure as comfortably as possible.